Active Wise Health Care Privacy Commitment.
What We Do
Your Personal Information
● contact and identification details (e.g. name, address, email address and phone number);
● information about your medical history;
● personal information relevant to health services and treatment required or received in the past;
● information about healthcare preferences;
● clinical notes, diagnosis and treatment;
● other information reasonably required to provide the health service.
You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to Active Health Wise Health Care. However, without certain information from you, or where information provided is inaccurate or irrelevant, Active Health Wise Care may not be able to provide its healthcare services, or may be limited in its ability to provide its healthcare services to you.
How We Collect, Hold and Manage Your Personal Information
When Active Health Wise Care collects personal information, it will wherever possible collect the information directly from you and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the purpose of collection. Active Wise Health Care will also disclose to you when another person or organisation is required to have access to your personal information as part of the health services provided to you.
Active Wise Health Care will usually only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
Active Wise Health Care will treat all personal information collected with utmost security and confidentiality, and will ensure that the information collected is only used for the purpose for which it is collected, unless Active Wise Health Care is required to do so by law. Where requested personal information is not provided, the withholding of personal information by the individual may limit Active Wise Health Care services.
Disclosing Personal Information
Personal information may be disclosed under the following circumstances:
● for the purposes you have been advised the information was being collected;
● related health care purposes;
● where Active Wise Health Care has received consent by the individual to disclose their personal information;
● as required by law or permitted by the Privacy Act.
Security of Your Personal Information
Active Wise Health Care will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless Active Wise Health Care is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
Accessing Your Personal Information
Active Wise Health Care will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act, or other law, and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
● you will have to provide proof of identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected; and
● be reasonably specific about the information you require.
Active Wise Health Care will endeavor to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request.
At all times, privacy complaints:
● will be treated seriously;
● will be dealt with promptly;
● will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
● will not affect your existing arrangement between you and Active Wise Health Care.
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner.